Thursday 8 October 2015

Capture Your Grief - Day 8: Wishlist

The obvious thing at the top of my wish list is to have my two daughters back.  To never have had to experience the all encompassing grief that came when we lost them. My number one wish...every.single.day. is  to have them here to watch them grow.  But no matter how hard I wish, that will never happen.  This is my reality, my life story and I can't change what has happened.

What I can do is control my reaction to it.

I don't mean "bucking up" and "moving on" , I will never "move on"  but I mean what good I can make out of this horrible situation. In the words of Sheryl Sandberg after her husband died, I can "kick the shit out of option B"

My wish is that through my grief, through my posts on facebook, through this blog and in how I act in everyday life, that I can make an impact, however small, in honor of my babies lives.

My wish is to spread awareness of how common pregnancy loss is. Not to have it seen as commonplace, but to slowly chip away at the social stigma that it is something to not talk about.

My wish is that no woman ever feel completely alone in pregnancy loss, that she will know there are others out there who have been through what she is going through, and that we are there to hold her up when she can no longer stand on her own.






No comments:

Post a Comment