Tuesday 6 October 2015

Capture Your Grief - Day 6: Books

Both of these books have been extremely helpful to me in my grieving process.

"I Will Carry You" by Angie Smith so perfectly articulates the difficult balance between the joy and love of still carrying your child, but the anticipatory grief of knowing they might not make it to live on earth with you.  When Elisa was diagnosed with IURG, we tried to stay hopeful that she would survive, but we also began preparing ourselves for the likely unthinkable outcome that she wouldn't. 

"Healing Your Grieving Heart After Stillbirth" was a wonderful resource I found after Elisa was stillborn and I know it will continue to be on this long road through grief.  It is full of hopeful and inspiring quotes, exercises to process through grief and words of comfort from other parents who have gone down this road before.

No comments:

Post a Comment