Friday 16 October 2015

Capture Your Grief - Day 16: Creative Grief

I have always loved to craft.  It is calming to me, while at the same time, I feel productive, because I am getting something done.

While on bed rest with Elisa, I did a lot of crafting, because well, I couldn't do much else, except for watch TV, work, or read.  I spent a lot of time doing cross stitch, knitting, and other crafts....yes I sound like I am 80 :)

After Elisa passed away, I had a hard time getting back in to crafting.  Everything I did brought me back to the days on bed rest, wishing and hoping that she would be OK.  It took a few months for me to get back to doing anything creative, and when I did, I only did a few things at a time.

On of the first things I did, was this shadow box.


I knew I wanted to do something for Elisa, to spend my time and energy on something for her.  I also knew all of her stuff from the hospital. was still just sitting int he box they had given us.  I was too afraid to take it out for too long, worried the papers would rip, or her blanket would get dirty.

So the shadow box was a perfect.  It was in honor of her, and allowed me to take her things out and highlight them where I knew they would be safe


No comments:

Post a Comment