Thursday 1 October 2015

Capture Your Grief - Day 1: Sunrise

The Subject for Day 1 of Capture Your Grief 2015 is Sunrise.

A silent acknowledgment of all loss parents waking up each morning, and seeing the same sun greet the day, as we each begin another day of loving and missing our children.

As a mother with no living children I find I wake each morning and have to make a deliberate, conscious effort to get out if bed. This is not to say that I wollow in bed every day, although I do have some days like that, but it is that I once again have to start a day in a world without my babies. Some days are harder than others, but the beauty in the sunrise reminds me that although they are not here physically, I hold them in my heart and every new day is a new chance to honor them.

No comments:

Post a Comment