Friday 30 October 2015

Capture Your Grief: Day 30 - Reflection

The Capture Your Grief Project was a new thing for me this year.  It was challenging, but it was fruitful.

I have tried to be very intentional throughout my grieving process, to use my grieving as a way to move toward healing, and as a way to sit with and learn who this new person is.  Who I am now after our miscarriage.  Who I am now after carrying our second daughter, what was supposed to be our "rainbow pregnancy"  knowing she would likely not live. Who I am now knowing nothing is guaranteed.

This project helped me be even more intentional than I thought I could be.  It focused my writing on topics, some of which I have been wanting to write about, like my gratitude and intentions with sharing our stories, and others that stretched me in to writing things I wanted to talk about, but didn't know how, like secondary grief.

This project also gave me the opportunity to share my blog, something I have been wanting to do for a while now, but I was scared.  Scared of what people might think, how they might judge me.  Self conscience about my sometimes inventive spelling, that spell check doesn't even catch :) and my less-than-perfect grammar. Uncomfortable with the thought that some might think I am being dramatic or wallowing, when really I am just doing my best to be honest and real.

Despite my fears, I am so glad this project gave me the medium, and the courage to share my blog.  In a self-giving way, in honor of my girls and in hope that I can help others who are in this life-long, unwanted club of baby loss. But also in a self-caring way, in the hopes that I can help those close to us understand what Mark and I are going through, so you can know us better and in all humbleness, so we can ask for your loving support on this journey that is our life after loss.


No comments:

Post a Comment